Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the role of the Internal Audit Office (IAO)?
|IAO is part of the University's Governance framework. It is established to provide|
|an independent appraisal and advisory function to examine and evaluate the|
|activities of the University to determine whether applicable policies and procedures|
|are followed, relevant statutory requirements and established standards are met,|
|resources are acquired and used efficiently and economically.|
2. What are internal controls?
3. How often will an internal audit be performed?
4. What is the difference between an internal audit and an external financial audit?
5. Who does IAO report to?
6. What about confidentiality?
7. Can I ask IAO for assistance?